Saturday, September 17, 2011

Introduction

I work in the field of music but I've always enjoyed writing.  I actually considered studying creative writing in college but then decided that deadlines might suck some of the fun out of it for me.  After college I started getting into writing short stories as a hobby and publishing them as ebooks.  Long story short,  I got into blogging February 2011 as a way to create an "author webpage."

This story is really exciting, I know.  The only reason why I'm telling it is to give you an idea about my background.  I never studied marketing.  I'm proficient at working a computer but by no means could I build one from scratch or program one.  I've never had a job working in sales (not even retail).   The only reason why I originally started an author blog instead of a website is because a blog seemed easier to customize and was free.

So the only thing I really have going for me is a willingness to learn and experiment.  In the process of figuring out how to blog I discovered that I really enjoy blogging itself.  The purpose of this blog is to share what I've learned and what I'm currently learning.  Hopefully it will turn out to be helpful to those of you that are interested in starting your own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment